News:

Thank you everyone for helping out during the MIWR Clean-up!

« previous next »
Pages: [1]   Go Down

parish park titusville??

Read 891 times
  • Fishing Legend
parish park titusville??
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »
haven't fished up in titusville before, thinking about going up there this weekend. how is parish park for a starter? anybody got suggestions on other places in the area that are good? my only concern is the boat traffic from parish since it's memorial day weekend. how is the fishing up in that area overall?? thank in advance - andy
Malibu stealth
  • Fishing Legend
  • Here fishy fishy......
Re: parish park titusville??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
The fishing in Titusville has been really good for most lately. If I were you I wouldn't start at Parrish park but maybe to east where the causeway ends and the refuge starts then paddle south and work those flats down towards Peacocks Pocket. The park it's self is more of a boat ramp area than a park. Better yet why not join us for the day at Lake Mills Park in Chuluota. The club is having a kayak swap and family picnic day. Shouls be lots of fun and a good chance to meet some of the good folks from this site. Check out all the info on the main page of the site. Also post in the LOOKING FOR FISHING PARTNERS section there will probably some people heading to that area.
12' American Eagle solo canoe in dark blue

Why don't fish get shocked when the water gets hit by lightning?

tylerod

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
I fish there all the time after work or when i don't want to paddle far. I caught my biggest red out of the yak on the east side and have caught several off the left side. The last few times i went off the left side is hasnt been too productive though unfortunately.  There is definitely a lot of traffic around that area but if you stay relatively close to the north shores it won't affect your fishing as they tend to stay close to the beach areas or around the spoil islands.  If you paddle up the north shore on the left side  a little while there is a really deep trench that is a good spot to post up at and fish the dropoff or bait'n'wait.. Good Luck !
  • Fishing Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
thx guys that is what i figured. memorial pkwky looks like there a multiple spots to park and launch off the side of the road. the area looks really inviting, plus if the wind picks up their is some shelter from it to the east no matter what direction the wind comes from. hope to see what that area has to offer. don't know if i can make the swap get together since i will be.....hmmmmm fishing. much appreciated on the offer ;D
Malibu stealth
  • OKFC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Fishing Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:33:11 PM »
We timed the outing so that people could easily fish and then swing by, and that's also the reason for the location (just off of East Highway 50 before you get to the UCF area).  Since we'll be grilling it will be awesome if some folks bring fish right off of the water. 

There's a lot of good fishing areas accessible by kayak a bit east of Titusville in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, and if you come to the cookout we can discuss locations. 
Founder
Orlando Kayak Fishing Club

Emotion Grand Slam Angler 14 - Granite
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »